Saturday, September 12, 2009

Announcements from D23 Expo


Just a quick post about some of the announcements that were announced (confirmed) at the D23 expo this weekend. I think that everyone that reads this might already know. These are the announcements that interest me the most.

  • A new 3D star tours video for the fading attraction. If done tastefully, I think this could be a great addition. That attraction has deteriorated a lot. My only worry is that they are going to try and make it feel like you ARE one of the specific characters in the movies. Rather than in the old one where you were there at the same time as the movie took place, but you weren't one of the characters from the film. I also feel like Disney might try to cover too much and span multiple movies which would destroy the integrity of the attraction. Simply because of the amount of time that is between movies.
  • The gigantic Fantasyland refurb was confirmed. YAY!
  • Little Mermaid Darkride- Way past due.
  • Themed meet and greets for all princesses, and tink. Great addition.
  • New quick service and Fine Dine themed on beauty and the beast. Be our guest?
  • New Pirates Movie- Expected. New Cars Movie- Will be good, when has Pixar failed? New Muppets Movie- :D

Those are the things that interested me the most. I only posted so much about Star Tours because I think it is where there is the most potential for failure. What about you? What are you most excited about? Any other announcements that caught your eye? How bad do you wish you would have been there? :(

Tom

2 comments:

  1. Hooray for Little Mermaid!

    I'll admit, D23 sounded awesome! I mean, gee, Johnny Depp, Miley Cyrus, and Tim Burton in one morning? That has to be some sort of dream team, right?

    ReplyDelete