Sunday, September 20, 2009

Alice in Creepyland...

So, Tim Burton is doing a remake of Alice in Wonderland. This is huge news and I figured I can't really ignore it. That, and my sister told me to make a post about it.

Now, Disney's old Alice masterpiece was by no means creepy. It was more along the lines of "weird" in my opinion. I know the book is supposedly really creepy (I haven't read it), and I figure Disney was trying to keep some of that while still appealing to children 50 years ago. But now it is 2009 and children are fully capable of handling a Jabberwocky, so who better to bring the novels full creepiness to life than Tim Burton.

I am not a die hard Tim Burton fan, and I haven't seen all his films. I would say I am about 50% on the Tim Burton scale, I like about half of what he does. But, I am VERY excited about this movie. I feel like this is exactly what he does best, and I think he will pull through quite well. It is a Tim Burton movie, so Johnny Depp will probably perform to his fullest; they are collaborating for the 9th time, so they probably know each other pretty well.

The "Harry Potter Crew" that we saw in Sweeny Todd, and obviously the Harry Potter movies, is showing up in this movie as well. Including Helena Bonham Carter, Alan Rickman, and Timothy Spall. As well as Christopher Lee (Sauruman from LOTR), Stephen Fry (V for Vendetta's Dietrich) and a new promising actress named Mia Wasikowska for the films title role. The cast looks promising and I know Burton will do great things with it. Watch for this movie March 5th 2010.

What are your thoughts on the movie? Who are you most excited to see? What part of the Alice story are you waiting to see through the eyes of Tim Burton?

No comments:

Post a Comment